10.04.2010

Attempted Obligatory Fall Colors Photo

Rock Springs, Wisconsin.

This area of Wisconsin is gorgeous this time of year. The fall colors on the Baraboo Bluffs are breathtaking, and yet I haven't found a good way to put them in a photo. I'm not entirely happy with the photo above; it just happens to be the best one I took today.

I can usually see photos in my head - when I see something I want to shoot, it kind of clicks in my head, like a mental image of what a photo would look like or how I could do it. The fall colors simply have not been that way. They look gorgeous in person, but when I was picturing a photo in my head, I couldn't think of a way to capture that. It wasn't so much trying to do it justice but just trying to make it look interesting, something other than a muddle of colors.

I tried. :)  Maybe I'll have better luck next year, or at least be able to figure something out by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment