10.01.2010

Monona Bay photoshoot

Taken today at the Monona Bay railroad bridge, Madison, Wisconsin.

This location is just a block from where we live in Madison. I noticed it the other day driving along North Shore... I thought it was neat how the railroad tracks are so straight and the telephone poles are so crooked. The black and white just made this picture in my opinion.

There are tons of points of inspiration in our neighborhood. I'm just finding that I need to keep my eyes open. I don't need to travel to exotic locations to make great photographs. Madison is enough. :) That's something I've always said about writing as well: Writers don't have amazing, life-changing, extraordinary experiences. They take the ordinary and make it extraordinary. I'm finding that my favorite kinds of photographs do the same thing.

More pictures from this outing after the jump.



No comments:

Post a Comment