10.05.2010

Lucky Shot

Taken in the courtyard of Tobacco Row, Madison.

I always have my camera with me, and walking through the gorgeously groomed courtyard of our apartment building is never an exception. I had been eying the bright purple and contrasting orange on these flowers for quite some time, as well as the yellow and black bumble bees that frequent them. But I hadn't taken a photo of them yet for lack of ideas on how to make them interesting. After all, macros shots of flowers are like shooting fish in a barrel. It's not hard to make them look good. Making them look interesting is the challenge.

The above photo was a complete lucky accident. I spotted this monarch walking home one day and literally only had one shot before it fluttered away. I was only able to capture one image but boy did it turn out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment