9.17.2010

MadCats

Taken behind MadCat this afternoon on my lunchbreak.

I spent my lunchbreak this afternoon lying on the bit of grass behind MadCat, munching on tortilla chips while Lucy munched on the grass. Morty headed out too and rolled his little heart out on his favorite manhole a safe distance from us.

The store cats have the run of the place, doors open, able to come and go as they please. But they really only want to go outside if someone is out there with them. Lucy stuck close by me during the entire half hour, and it was hard to snap her gorgeous photo while she kept nudging me for pets and attention.

And it was a nice September day, warm and humid but not uncomfortable, a nice breeze. I like sitting on the landing behind MadCat - it's like a little peaceful greenspace in the middle of parking lots and one of the busier areas of Madison. I'm not a nature person in the least - nature annoys me - but I like to find and appreciate secret urban oases.

No comments:

Post a Comment