9.27.2010

Self.

Taken in my apartment parking lot at 7:30 this morning with the plain old front facing camera on the iPhone4.

A good self portrait is hard to find. There are few I've taken that I've ever been happy with. The photo above is unedited except for some creative cropping to get rid of an unfortunately placed light post. I think the early morning light was hitting me just right, casting a golden glow and making cool shadows. Everyone looks beautiful in the right light.

The sun has been rising later and later here in Wisconsin. It's depressing. I love the fall weather but I can't take the decreased daylight, waking up on Mondays when it's still dark out to head to the Indy. And it's like fall came without warning this year - all of a sudden its been chilly and dark and all the leaves are turning. I'm not complaining about sweater and scarf weather one bit, just everything else that comes with it.

Time to bust out the crock pot for our constant winter mulled apple cider and rum.

No comments:

Post a Comment