9.26.2010

Pure Attitude

Nikki MadCat, taken on my lunchbreak today.

This picture of Nikki says pure attitude to me. I took it on my lunchbreak, doing more snap snapping than sitting, as I should have been. Camera in one hand, Hot Pocket in the other. So worth it.

Lucy wasn't so cooperative today, focused more on munching the last of the summer grass before the frost tonight. Sometimes she does a great job posing, other times she's face down in the grass, or else rubbing on me and getting right in my camera.

Nikki has never been so comfortable with me. She always strikes a great pose when I'm too far away, and then she runs when I get too close. I was glad to get this shot this afternoon. It expresses her personality perfectly.

We've been thinking lately at the store that the cat hierarchy has changed - Morty used to be on top, but he hasn't anymore. We're not sure of the cause, whether it was a fight between he and Nikki or what have you. But I think this picture is physical proof of exactly how Nikki thinks of herself. It very much says, Oh yeah. I'm the boss. I make the rules. And don't you forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment