9.11.2010

My Brood Shares Breakfast

From left, Cleo, Oscar, and Fiona having a meal together.

It's a rare moment when I can catch all three of my cats in a photo together. Cleo and Oscar are like two partners in crime, but they often brawl with the much more timid Fiona. It's nice, though, when they share breakfast together.

Oscar usually starts licking my face as soon as the alarm goes off, like, "hey Mom, it's time to get up!" I try to make a point of not rolling out of bed and feeding them immediately, otherwise I'd be getting woken up earlier and earlier every day. Fiona and Cleo are smart enough to jump up onto the counter right away (a habit from when Fiona lived with a species-confused bunny), but Oscar is convinced he can't jump that far and cries until I pick him up and put him on the counter for food.

It's a delicate dance every morning, this breakfast routine, but we get it done.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment